dimanche 19 avril 2009

Pork with an Attitude: Or a disappointing Dogittude

Who: Don
Where: Pork with an Attitude, Beale Street, Memphis, TN
What: A goddamn Hot Dog


Memphis. As my pals headed for Graceland, a place I had seen a few years ago and no desire to explore once more, I headed for Beale Street. While walking down the dusty street, my Alter Ego, The Stomach, manifested his strong and urging desire for a meaty pleasure. I had no particular place in mind, but remembered that I was quite pleased by the Pork with an Attitude last time I looked for ribs on Beale. It was four, and we had just finished lunch. A platter of ribs would even by my standards be obscene.

I settled for a Hot Dog instead. And was quite disappointed. While the Pig is a generous host when it comes to its other meals, the Dog was… just a plain vanilla goddamn sausage in a piece of bread. No onions, no pickles, no nothing. I even had to ask for the goddamn ketchup and mustard.

I say booboo to this foofood.

Note: As to the name, you might wonder what the guy must have been on when he came up with a tribute to a Hog: “Pork with an Attitude! Why have an Attitude? Well you would have an attitude too if you were cooked to perfection and told you were perfect, wouldn’t you?”. No comment when it comes to Dogs…

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire